Ladywood Furniture Project
Ladywood Furniture Project (Lfp) aim to help anyone in Birmingham who has a genuine need of furniture.
The charity has two core aims and objectives:
- Firstly to help individuals and families on benefits or low income find good, clean affordable furniture;
- Secondly to help local people develop employment skills through volunteering in their community.
Lfp charge for furniture but items are priced at affordable levels and the charges makes a small contribution to meeting volunteer expenses.
- Lfp Was set up to help people in need by supplying them with good quality furniture at minimum cost;
- Lfp is a registered charity;
- Lfp is a voluntary project recognised by Birmingham City Council;
- Lfp only deals with people who have been referred by a recognised referral agency;
- Lfp encourages customers to choose their own items of furniture;
- Lfp operates on a first come first served basis;
- Lfp is dependant upon a workforce of volunteers to carry out the collection and delivery of furniture.
- Lfp relies on donations of furniture from the public;
- Lfp aims to provide structured work experience for volunteers and a package of training to help them gain employment;
- Lfp has a voluntary Board of Directors;
- Lfp help Birmingham to re-cycle.